Simple 3 ingredient recipe for overnight oats. A quick and easy way to get a healthy breakfast.
Oatmeal is my goto breakfast and snack because it is super quick and easy. But it’s not without its issues:
- The instant stuff isn’t the best diet food
- The healthy old fashioned oats don’t taste all that great
Well, you can have it all with this awesome macro friendly overnight oats recipe.
You get the speed and convince you’re used to. You get a delicious, healthy meal. It’s loaded with physique friendly protein. And… all this without the calories and “junk” thrown in the instant packets.
What Are Overnight Oats
Overnight oats, are without question, the easiest diet recipe out there. They are super easy to make and healthy.
The basic recipe is just 3 ingredients:
- old fashioned rolled oats
- a liquid, usually a dairy or nut milk, even water works
The easiest way to make them is to mix all the ingredients in a mason jar and pop it in the fridge overnight.
Usually eaten cold, but pop them in the microwave if you like it hot. Though this approach might need a little extra liquid.
Super Simple 3 Ingredient Overnight Oats Diet Recipe
This 3 ingredient overnight oats recipe is so simple that all the ingredient and directions fit in one simple image.
3 Ingredient Overnight Oats
- Trow all the ingredient into container. (My container of choice is a wide-mouth mason jar because it’s leak-proof and easy to clean.)
- Seal and refrigerate at least 8 hours. Overnight is perfect.
- Pull out of fridge, grab a spoon, give a quick stir, enjoy.
- This recipe makes a cereal consistence. If you like your oats thicker reduce liquid to a ½ cup.
- Adding ¼ Cup of yoghurt thickens up recipe
If you’re not a fan of almond milk feel free to use any milk or milk alternative you desire. However, if you choose to go that route, adjust the calories accordingly. The Low calorie almond milk in this recipe is only 30 calories per serving.
While you can put them in any kind of container, I like a Wide Mouth Mason Jar. These are easy to clean, and with a plastic lid they are leak-proof so you can take them to work, or or gym for your post workout meal.
3 ingredient Overnight Oats Nutrition Label Facts
Overnight Oats Optional Add-ins
- Stevia / Monk Fruit
- Favorite Toppings
- Fresh Fruit
- Nuts (add before eating to give crunch)
- Dried Fruit
- Reduced Sugar Craisins
- Apples & cinnamon
- While vanilla goes with everything, use your favorite protein powder for an extra punch of flavour. 2 of my favorites are:
Overnight oats are only limited by your imagination. If you’re in need of a little inspiration take a gander at these other overnight oat recipes.
As you’ll see in the video below, it’s easy to take a boring diet food like old fashioned oats and transform it into something delicious.
And the best part, you can do it just minutes.
Even more overnight oats ideas: