Enjoy dessert? Then you love this high protein eggless mini-cake recipe.
This is one of the easiest dessert recipes you you can make. It only takes a couple of minutes and is gum smacking good.
Basic Protein Eggless Mini-cake Recipe
This healthy high protein microwave cake recipe is egg free, fits your macros, and most important…
Open you’ve made a few time make it your own. Experiment with different flavorings and let me know what you come up with.
When it comes to baking, l find you can’t beat using a good scale for ease and consistency.
Place your mug on the scale. Zero it out to start and after you add each ingredient.
- 40g of your favorite fat-free Greek Yogurt [2.5 Tbls]
- 30g Almond Flour [4.5 Tbls] – or Whole Wheat Pastry Flour
- 1 – 30g Scoop Protein Powder [Vanilla is the most versatile, but any flavor will do]
- .7g Xanthan Gum [¼ Tsp]
- 2g Baking Powder [½ Tsp]
- 40g Unsweetened Apple Sauce [2.5 Tsp]
- 55g Low Calorie Almond Milk [¼ cup] – Or any milk/milk Substitute
- 4.5g vanilla extract [¼ Tsp]
How to make your mug cake
- Spray the inside of your mug with non-stick cooking spray.
- Measure all ingredients into at least a 16 ounce mug
- Mix everything together
- Microwave for 30 seconds then stir.
- Microwave another 15 – 30 seconds depending on your microwaves power
- If your mix appears to too dry, add a pinch more milk.
- Don’t have Almond Flour? Use whole wheat pastry flour. Works great, though does change the macros.
- Push comes to shove, regular flour works too.
This is a basic recipe. Here are some easy ways to add some excitement and variety to your mini cake:
- switch up protein flavors
- switch up your Greek yogurt flavors
- use cocoa powder, ground cinnamon
- replace milk with coffee
- add sprinkles, coca nibs
- and so on
Important steps making your easy protein mug cake come out awesome, so be sure to read.
Microwave cakes are tricky. Cook them too long and they dry out becoming hard as rocks. Not microwaving long enough, you end up with raw cold foods.
But there is a benefit of a cake recipe without eggs. You never need to worry about an under cooked cake. It still taste great and is always moist.
To help with and even through cook, give your cake a quick stir at the 30 second mark. Then pop it back in to finish.
Eggless Mini Cake Nutrition Information
Cake, Dessert, Low Carb, Microwave, eggless mini-cake, Mug Cakes, Protein Powder