How to master the Single Leg RDL
- Grab a KB or DB in your right hand.
- Shift all your weight to your left foot.
- Soften your left knee.
- Soften – straight but not locked out, slight bend.
- Hinging at the hips, push your butt back to bend forward at the waist.
- As your right hand slides down, your right leg raises up in the air.
- Repeat for the specified reps on one side then switch to the other.
- Keep a proud chest.
- The leg that goes up in the air stays in a straight line in relation to the torso.
- Movement comes form the hips not a flexing of the spine. Push your hips back.
- Supporting leg stays straight, but not locked out.
- Add a 3 – 5 second pause at the bottom of each rep.
- Add more weight.
Single Leg RDL Variations
- Landmine RDL – Can be done on the LM as well. Fixed Bar – A smith machine works well.
- Conventional – Uses a barbel / trap-bar. Allows more load.
- Kettlebell – As seen in the picture and video above.
- Kickstand RDL
- with slider
- with wall