If you don’t get enough form your run of the mill side plank, give this variation a spin.
Side Plank With Row Demo
How to do the Side Plank With Row
- Set up as if you were doing a regular side plank with your body forming a straight line, from heels to head and elbow under shoulders.
- To lock in starting position keep your abs and glutes tight and your tailbone tucked under. (Think abs pulling your ribs toward your pelvis.)
- Begin by raising your top leg and lowering it back under control to help set your spine and pelvis.
- Keep your elbow directly under your shoulder. Keep your head in line with your spine.
- Start the row with your shoulder. Finish with your shoulder blade squeezed towards you midline and down.
- Don’t let your hips sag
- Don’t tilt your head.
- Don’t push your hips back or rotate your shoulders forward.
Visit the side plank page for more variations and progressions.